South Coast Improvement Company completed construction and renovation on Willow Creek Rehabilitation and Care Center, a 180-bed skilled nursing center located in Somerset, NJ. SCIC completed the project twice – before and after Hurricane Irene.
In early 2011, we were contracted to provide a full renovation to Willow Creek Rehabilitation and Care Center.
Project Scope included:
- Created a Specialized Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) Wing within the Facility
- Addition of a Dedicated Entrance to The STAR Wing with Porte-Cochere
- Creation of an Enlarged OT/PT Gym
- New Construction of a 600 Square Foot Spa/Hydrotherapy Room
- Construction of a New STAR Dining Room with Custom Millwork, Solid Surfaces, and a Presentation Cooking Space
- Construction of New Staff Lounge/Locker Rooms, New Cyber Café, and Numerous Building Envelope Improvements.
- Full Renovation of All Common Areas and Administrative Offices
- Full Upgrade of 168 Rooms
- Created two Custom Nurse Stations and New Patient Rooms from Underutilized Floor Space
In the summer of 2011, just 6 months after the grand opening, Hurricane Irene devastated Willow Creek Rehabilitation and Care Center’s entire facility, leaving it submerged in three feet of water. SCIC renovated the entire facility again, installing new walls, finishes, flooring, fixtures, millwork, and HVAC. We designed a functioning temporary egress plan and worked with town officials to secure permission to open 30 percent of the facility (the Traumatic Brain Injury Unit) in 30 days while the remainder of the facility was being renovated. The South Coast mobilized crews to work seven days a week with multiple shifts to ensure the project’s successful completion within 110 days.