This cluster of 5 Buildings was purchased by RAFI Properties, a Somerville-based Developer. The Webster Avenue buildings totaled 30,000 sq ft of living space and were built in the early 1990s. Hamlin Street was a standalone home that was redeveloped into 2 units.
Each of the buildings was 85% demolished on the interior to create larger, open rooms and modern kitchen areas. This created challenges in marrying old assemblies to new assemblies with the units. In addition, the number of bathrooms was doubled to accommodate modern living. Repainting, a new roof, and all new windows were installed. The Webster Avenue addresses were constructed to include 12 new units with a mix of studios and one- and two-bedroom units. As each unit was unique there were challenges in the MEP distribution. Ownership wanted to maintain some of the existing walls and ceilings to further complicate the running of the mechanical system distribution.
Project Highlights included:
- New VRF HVAC System
- Doubled The Number of Existing Bathrooms with All New Plumbing Distribution
- New Electrical Service from The Street, Switchgear, New Distribution, Lighting, and Devices
- Modern Chef’s Kitchen with All Stainless-Steel Appliances
- Custom Tvlillwork and Granite Tops
- State of the Art Access Controls on all Front Entries and Unit Doors
- New Custom Double Hung Energy Efficient Windows