This design-build renovation project consisted of more than 110,000 square feet of occupied space and was fast tracked for completion. We started in February 2021 and 15 months later we completed this award-winning construction project.
The project derived from a sketch that the owner created. Developed in partnership with EGA Architects and the owner we were able to capture that vision and build this project. This project featured the conversion of 24 existing skilled nursing rooms into 24 new memory care resident units and four future units.
Each room received new cabinets, countertops, bathroom sinks, toilets, and showers. Additionally, 59 assisted living resident apartments and 9 assisted living rooms were created. The common areas received finishes along with new back-of-house upgrades.
- All new MEP upgrade with new backup generator in MC area
- New Fire alarm service and brought building to energy code requirements
- New roofing in select locations
- Minor exterior improvements including landscaping, resealing asphalt, car park lighting and facade upgrade
Memory Care Facility
- Complete remediation of hazardous materials
- All new spray foam insulation
- New amenity spaces including dining room, activity room, staff lounge, fitness, and theater
- Added delayed egress monitoring system including wander guard
- New commercial kitchen and sales space
- New exterior amenity spaces including sitting areas and walking paths
- Full renovation of the occupied facility including upgraded cabinetry, lighting, paint, and flooring to apartments and common areas
- Redevelopment of 10 apartments to increase occupancy by creating shared units.
- New electrical and mechanical
- Services throughout the new space
- 2022 Design–Build Institute of America
- The Residence at Great Woods LCB Senior Living – Bronze Award for Building Construction