Northbridge Senior Living called South Coast Improvement in the Fall of 2021 saying they wanted to breathe new life into a 70-year-old farmstand with an unusually fast schedule. On December 1st, 2021, we broke ground for a pre-finished, post-and beam barn that was being delivered and erected in just two months.
We placed the foundation before the end of the month and brought in a tent for the unique stamped concrete floor that resembles wood planks. Using temporary heaters and the tent, we were able to deliver the completed slab on time for the barn erectors. Along the way, the little farm stand received a full commercial kitchen along with a retail space for coffee, pastries, and fresh-cut flowers.
The interior includes designer touches, such as concrete counters, tongue-and groove ceilings, and sealed concrete floors. Other improvements include all new thermally insulated aluminum and glass garage doors, a heat pump heating and cooling system, a fire protection system, and all new electrical and data services. The site work included new paving, hardscape, and landscape, retention pond, and stormwater recharge system.
Project Scope included:
- Fast-tracked Schedule Working Directly with Owner’s Design Team
- Added Design Touches to Foundation during Winter Months
- Completed the Conversion of An Abandoned Farm Stand into A Retail Space
- Extensive Site Work Included New Paving, Hardscape and Landscape
- Installed Retention Pond and Storm Water Recharge System
- Added Thermally Insulated, Aluminum, and Glass Garage Doors
- Installed Heating and Cooling System, Fire Protection System, Heat Pump, andNew Electrical and Data Services
- Added Full Commercial Kitchen