The project included selective demolition and renovation of a 26-unit apartment. The project featured a structural interior renovation, including a structural exterior ramp and lift platform.
The goal of the project was to provide an “open concept” to the units in the 1940s building. Extensive structural work was required to achieve the open floor plans as many of the walls were load-bearing walls.
Project Highlights included:
- Gutted All Kitchens and Baths and Replaced Them with New Ones
- An ADA Unit Was Added on the Ground Level, which required a Complete Reshaping of The Limited Frontage of the Building to Achieve the Required Pitch for the Walkway
- All-New HVAC System
- New Electrical Service to The Building
- Multiple Plumbing Relocations
- Per the City of Cambridge Fire Department, A New Fire Suppression System was Installed. The Challenge we Faced was the Distribution of The New System through Walls that were not Slated to be Demolished. Once the System was installed SCIC was careful to blend the Old and New Ceilings and Walls to Look Consistent