NEW CONSTRUCTION OF ADDITION/INTERIOR-EXTERIOR RENOVATION
This project included multiple phases to encompass the re purposing and renovating of existing occupied spaces while also doing an out of the ground addition to tie into the existing structure.
The new construction portion of the project consisted of a 45,000-square-foot addition to create 45 apartments for the Life Guidance unit for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. The renovation featured the conversion of two Life Guidance rooms in the existing facility into assisted living rooms. The new and renovated rooms included all new mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchens, bathrooms and millwork.
Summary of project highlights:
- Construction of 45,000-square-foot addition.
- Creation of 45 apartments in new addition for the Life Guidance unit for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
- Renovation and relocation of common area rooms, including library, bar, bistro, health club/physical therapy room, salon/spa, office space and reception area.
- New mechanical, electrical and plumbing for new and renovated rooms.
- New millwork for kitchen areas of assisted living rooms.
- All totaled, 65,000 square feet of space underwent renovation.
EGA Architects of Newburyport, MA served as the project architect with BLW
Engineers of Littleton, MA as the project engineers.