This former Marland Manufacturing Co. textile mill building was constructed in 1775 and is located on the Shawsheen River.
This adaptive use project took 6 years of planning before the unused mill building was renovated and converted into the Atria Marland Falls Senior Living.
Atria Senior Living has assisted living communities around the country and hired South Coast Improvement Company to undertake this renovation of the former, manufacturing company adjacent to its current Andover campus.
Renovations of the old mill included complete gutting and demolition. Externally the entire brick facade was repainted.
New features include electrical, HVAC, and plumbing upgrades, life safety features; framing and reconfiguration of existing space to accommodate administrative needs. Drainage improvements and a new ADA-compliant elevator were installed. Various historical aspects of the building will be maintained as part of the work.
Our longstanding relationship with Atria Senior Living has involved working on 46 capital improvement/construction projects in 18 Facilities throughout the Northeast.
- Complete Demolition of Interior
- Replacement of the Structural Support Beams
- Renovation Included the Addition of a Four-Story Stair Tower to Match the Existing Building
- New Elevator Shaft and Installation of ADA Compliant Elevator
- Brick Facade Restoration including Repointing, Infill, and Installation of Granite Windowsills
- Installed 2 Four-Story Stairwells
- Created New Entrance with Switch Back ADA Compliant Ramp Systems
- Created 13 Premium Independent Luxury Living Units with High-End Finishes including Hardwood Floors, Custom Millwork, Glass Tile, and Luxury Lighting
- South Coast Improvement met an Aggressive Schedule with Zero Lost Days