This giant Hood Milk Bottle which sits next to the Boston Children’s Museum stands 40 feet high and 20 feet wide and is home to Glenn’s Kreme and Kone.
The Bottle has sported the logo of Massachusetts’s own H.P. Hood, as it has ever since it was acquired by the museum 45 years ago and became a signature Boston landmark.
The bottle got its start in 1933 as a roadside stand for ice cream maker Arthur Gagner and served as an ice cream store in Taunton, Massachusetts before being purchased by Hood. A barge carried the rebranded bottle across Boston Harbor to its new digs at the Children’s Museum in 1977.
South Coast Improvement was selected by the Children’s Museum to provide a much-needed facelift to better withstand the conditions in Fort Point Channel. The interior would also receive a renovation so that it could once again be an operational retail ice cream venue.
- Stripping the Exterior Down to the Frame and Installing New Insulation, Sheathing, Siding, Windows, and Doors
- For the Interior, New Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical
- Restore Interior Fixtures to Keep the Facility a Functioning Ice Cream Shop