After being hired by the Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School we spent our summer creating a new fully functional health center and café bistro. Additionally, provided complete renovations to their on-site, training commercial kitchen.
These new additions and upgrades to the school, support the hands-on programs provided to prepare students to be responsible and skillful members of the future workforce. The schedule was paramount as all work had to be completed within the 5-month summer break. This very meaningful project was completed on time and on budget.
- The renovation of the school’s existing outdated health center into a state-of-the-art working health center for students which was originally constructed in 1977.
- The construction of a nurse’s station, exam rooms, lactation lounges, updated ADA-accessible bathrooms, and HIPAA-compliant records storage.
- Trade work subcontractors such as demo, electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, framing, ceilings, door access infrastructure, and flooring for a fully functional health center serving the growing needs of the student body community.
- Upgrades and expansion of the existing kitchen and café that serves staff and faculty who oversee over 2000 students during the school year.
- Renovation to provide an open space with new finishes, a kitchen and serving equipment, and a lounge area geared toward staff enjoyment.